Wildflower and Silver Palm parks will still connect under Palmetto Park bridge. Pedestrian promenades were approved and no cars are allowed under the bridge.
So, people can walk seamlessly from one park to the other, consultant EDSA’s Kona Gray told city council. “Palm Beach County has the connector piece for approval,” he noted. consultant EDSA’s Kona Gray told city council at a recent workshop.
Gray asked the city to help expedite the timeline. Now bidding is in the spring 2020 and could take two months. Construction expected to start in the fall 2020.
Below are excerpts from approved plans for both sites on the Intracoastal Waterway and Palmetto Park Road.
· Drop-off area with iconic art
· Playground area
· 50 plus parking spaces
· Enlarged public area at southeast corner Palmetto Park Road and Northeast Fifth Avenue
· Event lawn
· Interactive art/play feature
· Interactive water feature
· Stage area
· Double-sided seating along pedestrian promenade
· Clean modern architecture for restrooms and pavilions in both parks
· Relocated restrooms to allow water view.
· 10 additional spaces for guest parking
· Shade sails
· Existing boat ramp; proposed boat ramp and jet ski launch
· Fish cleaning and boat washing stations
· 29 vehicle/trailer parking