Big doings as Boca counts down on the last two weeks in high season. Here’s what you can do for a ticket price or free this weekend.
· Food Truck Fridays moves to the Wildflower park from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Chef O’s jerk truck will offer eats from grilled cheese to beets vegan. Folk funk sounds by Jakob Takos. The park is on the north side of Palmetto Park Road just before the Intracoastal bridge. Free admission and plenty of free parking.
· Warriors Rock Tour stops in Boca for a veterans’ tribute concert to support Southeast Florida Honor Flight. The performance is 7 p.m. Friday [April 5] at Spanish River Church auditorium, 2400 Yamato Road. Tickets for veterans and students $25, general admission $35 at the Warriors Rock webpage or through Eventbrite.
· On Saturday, the city’s free Spring Fest takes over Spanish River Park from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. There are $5 photo ops with a bunny or mermaid. Egg hunts are 11:30 a.m. for ages 3 to 5; 12:30 p.m. ages 6 to 8; 1:30 p.m. ages 9 to 11. There’s also face painting, food trucks, kids’ activities, an artisan market and lawn games. Mainstage music all day.
· There are still a few tickets at $125 for Boca Bacchanal’s Grand Tasting 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday. The 17thannual event moves indoors to the Great Hall in the Boca Raton Resort & Club this year. Guests can sample food from more than 20 local restaurants and chefs, nearly 40 wineries and other vendors. Valet parking is $10. Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum benefits from the tasting and other Bacchanal parties including burgers at the beach on Thursday. For info on that, go to the Boca Bacchanal webpage.
· On Sunday, Walk Green is a 5K fundraiser for The Nature Conservancy and BAPS Charities. Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. at Sunset Pavilion in Burt Aaronson South County Regional Park. The walk starts at 9 a.m. The $20 registration fee includes a T-shirt, breakfast and lunch. Park entrances are off Glades or Yamato roads west of U.S. 441. This walk is one of 65 nationally and the second year for Boca. For questions go to the BAPS Charities website or call 954-410-0180.
· “Future Stars Performing Arts Competition” for talented young performers is 6:30 p.m. Sunday April 7. VIP seating guarantees a seat at the front, but the rest of the amphitheater is free. Chair rentals are $5 or bring your own seating. Finalists include singers, dancers and dance groups. Featured acts include Mason Pace Band and the FAU Ballroom Dancing Club. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-913-3236.