Keeping it fresh, the first Girls Night Out Vintner Dinner was the big news at Boca Bacchanal’s kickoff.
Four co-hosts will join the six traditional dinners held in private homes, and this year Rex Baron Boca restaurant. “It’s a girls’ only option,” said co-host Stacey Packer.
Bobby and Barbara Campbell have hosted since Boca Bacchanal Food & Wine Festival’s inception 18 years ago, said chairwoman Joyce DeVita.
A dinner co-host herself, DeVita and co-chair Vedrana Rossi announced part of the dinner lineup at Bacchus Beckons, kicking off the triad of annual events. Bubbles & Burgers is Feb. 20 at Boca Beach Club. The vintner dinners are March 6. The Grand Tasting is March 7 in the Great Hall at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. Here’s the link for tickets: https://www.bocabacchanal.com/
This is Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum’s major fundraiser, board president Hank Jawhari said at the reception in Bloomingdale’s Boca Raton. “We believe in fashion and philanthropy,” said Beth Rosenstein, vice president and general manager.
Proceeds help the society “build a sense of place,” and contribute to their “history alive” campaign and new interactive exhibits, Jawhari said. Town Hall is undergoing a $1 million interior renovation, he added. Not to mention the new roof installed by the city.
Here’s the hosts, chef and vintner dinner lineup:
· Stacey Packer, Robin Deyo, Carrie Rubin and Donna Nero; Amy Nehrtens, Copper Vine, New Orleans; Katie Griesbeck, Cakebread Cellars, Rutherford, Calif.
· Joyce and Thom DeVita, Joni and Al Goldberg; John Thomas, Sassafras, West Palm Beach; John Schulz, Flora Springs Winery, Napa Valley, Calif.
· Barbara and Bobby Campbell; Tim Nickey, Kapow Noodle Bar, Boca Raton; Tim Duncan, Silver Oak & Twomey Cellars, Napa, Calif.
· LeAnn and Russell Berman; Shanna and Brian O’Hea, Kennebunk Inn, Kennebunk, Maine; Anthony Truchard, Truchard Vineyards, Napa, Calif.
· Marie and Todd Roberti; Nathan Duesing, March House, Nashville, Tenn.; Tim Duncan, Silver Oak & Twomey Cellars, Napa, Calif.
· Rex Gryphon Restaurant Group at Rex Baron Boca; Ralph P. Fernandez, Philadelphia Pa.; Anita Correas, Montes and Kaiken Winery, Chile and Argentina
By Marci Shatzman