UPDATE: If you know someone coming into Palm Beach International, coronavirus screening will start there today, Thursday March 26. Florida Department of Health will deploy teams at PBI for arriving passengers as part of Gov. Ron DeSantis’ restrictions on travelers from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. PBI was just added to Miami International, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International, Orlando International, Jacksonville International and Tampa International. Here’s Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ airport screening and isolation order on passengers flying in from New York, New Jersey and Connecticut: Executive Order 20-80:
• “Directs all persons whose point of departure originates from outside the State of Florida in an area with substantial community spread, to include the New York Tri-State Area (Connecticut, New Jersey and New York), and entering the State of Florida through airports to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person’s presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter.
• “Directs Florida Department of Health to coordinate with the Florida Division of Emergency Management, each aviation and airport authority in Florida, county and local governments and law-enforcement agencies to effectuate the isolation or quarantine outlined above.
• “It shall be the duty of every state and county attorney, sheriff, police officer, and other appropriate city and county officials upon request to assist the [Department of Health] in enforcing any isolation or quarantine order.
• “Any person who violates any isolation or quarantine directed by the Department of Health commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, which is punishable by imprisonment not to exceed 60 days, a fine not to exceed $500, or both.
• “All persons isolating or quarantining, shall be responsible for all costs associated with that person’s isolation or quarantine, including transportation, lodging, food, medical care and any other expenses to sustain the person during the period of isolation or quarantine