Boca’s 48th Holiday Street Parade at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday has 70 marching units and usually lasts two hours.
But give yourself time to park and find a spot to watch. Here’s insider info before you go.
- Parade route: The parade runs along Federal highway from Southeast Fifth Street north to Mizner Park Amphitheater.
- Expect traffic backups: Streets close starting at 5 p.m. Federal Highway shuts down from 5:30 to 11 p.m. from Glades Road south to Camino Real.
- Where to park free: City Hall on the northwest corner of Palmetto Park Road and NW Second Ave; administration building, 200 NW Second Ave.; Downtown Library, 400 NW Second Ave.; Wildflower Park, 551 E. Palmetto Park Road on the northeast corner at Fifth Avenue. That’s a long walk.
- Need a free ride? Text Round the Town electric vehicle at 561-303-9173. Pickup areas with signs: City Hall; north end of Mizner Park; Wildflower Park near Palmetto Park Road; The Black Rose Irish Pub in Royal Palm Place
- Train crossings: Police will be stationed at the Palmetto Park Road crossing. Be careful not to stand or duck under crossing arms
- Where to sit: Limited grandstands at Sanborn Square. Most spectators bring own beach chairs.
- Restrooms: On Federal Highway and Sixth Street next to Sanborn Square.
- Assistance: Look for staff in red event shirts.
- Parade staging area: Spectators are asked to avoid Camino Real and Federal Highway staging area for parade participants.
- Parade theme and line of march: Broadway theme this year. Marching groups, bands, and floats. Santa fire truck spewing snow finale.