If you just want a change of scenery, hotels in driving distance have packages for the upcoming Labor Day weekend.
Here’s a sampling of staycations deals in Boca Raton, Kendall, Fort Lauderdale, Naples on the west coast and Islamorada in the Keys.
· “The New Sounds of Nashville” bring eight plus, Grammy-winning singer-songwriters behind Billboard country music hits to the Boca Raton Resort & Club Aug. 30 to Sept. 1.
A beachside jam with a celebrity chef is set for the Beach Club Friday night. Back at the Resort, Smokes, brews and BBQ on Saturday and an outdoor dinner and concert Sunday. Late night jams all three evenings.
· Designed like a resort hotel, the Hilton Miami-Dadeland on Kendall Drive has a wellness center with massage and rooms with a built-in gym. There’s also a fitness center, outdoor pool with cabanas and a farm-to-table restaurant. A full Starbucks is in the lobby.
Their Labor Day weekend Staycation deal is $99 per room per night, no parking fee and a free breakfast buffet each morning.
· The Dalmar in Fort Lauderdale is another new property. Sitting on Federal Highway, the hotel bills itself as “the city’s newest urban lifestyle hotel” inspired by the 1950’s and ‘60’s golden age of travel.
Sparrow at the Dalmar is a rooftop bar and lounge and patio bar with 25th-floor views. A sixth-floor bar and lounge has live music on weekends. The Terrace Grill is an American bistro open nightly for dinner.
Labor Day weekend rates start at $129 per night or book the Florida Escape Package, which includes $75 food and beverage credit for Sip N Dip Pool Bar and daily pool cabana rentals.
· Naples Grande Beach Resort has 23 waterfront acres on Florida’s Paradise Coast.
The resort has 474 guestrooms, 29 with gulf view suites and 50 bungalow suites. Every room has a private balcony with a view of the Gulf. Guests have access to five on-site restaurants and bars, three heated outdoor pools, a spa, 8,000-square-foot fitness center, and a tennis facility with 15 courts.
Travelers who book a minimum of two nights receive 25 percent off best available rates. There’s also $25 resort credit for guest room bookings and a $50 resort credit for suite and villa bookings. Guests must book by Aug. 21, 2019 Rates start from $169.
· Cheeca Lodge & Spa on 27 acres in Islamorada is offering 20 percent off best available rates heading into the holiday.
With a recent $25 million refresh, the main lodge has 214 guest rooms, suites and bungalows, a 5,700-square-foot spa, multiple dining outlets and a nine-hole golf course. When guests book two nights, they receive 20 percent off the property’s best rates, a $25 per night resort credit and two complimentary cocktails upon arrival. Rates start from $219 with daily resort fee and tax additional.