Professional dance lessons start Tuesday for this year’s good sports in Boca’s version of “Dancing With the Stars.”
Tickets are already on sale to watch “Boca’s Ballroom Battle” 6 to 9:30 p.m. Sept. 20 in the Boca Raton Resort & Club.
Or you can donate to your favorite dancer here.
YMCA honcho Jason Hagensick has signed on as one of eight beginner dancers who agreed to perform in this George Snow Scholarship Fund fundraiser. Newly nicknamed “Twinkle Toes,” Hagensick’s kickoff fundraiser is 6 p.m. June 11 in M.E.A.T. Eatery and Taproom in the Cendyn Spaces building at 980 N. Federal Highway in Boca.
Fran Nachlas, who just scored a record 800 plus runners for her 5K for skin cancer research, is already reaching out for support.
The top male and female fundraisers win a mirrored ball trophy and accolades from the community that night.
Here’s the list:
· Margaret L. Blume, philanthropist
· Jason Hagensick, president and CEO, YMCA of South Palm Beach County
· Fran Nachlas, operating room registered nurse, Boca Raton Outpatient Surgery and Laser Center; president, The SafeSun Foundation
· Tim Quinn, celebrity make-up artist, Giorgio Armani Beauty
· Diana Riser, president, Pace Advertising
· Jody M. Saffert, director for Organizational Development & Effectiveness, Boca Raton Regional Hospital
· Dr. Minelle M. Tendler, owner Tendler Orthodontics
· Eddie Ventrice, managing director, BV Group-UBS Private Wealth Management
“We are very excited for this year’s Boca’s Ballroom Battle dancers. They are all very enthusiastic and we are thrilled to have them,” said Tim Snow, Snow fund president.