If you’re still deciding between brunch or dinner, here’s a few options for Mother’s Day on Sunday May 12.
For history buffs, Anna Jarvis created the U.S. version in 1908 as a tribute to her late mom. But later she hated the way the holiday was commercialized.
President Wilson made it official in 1914.
· Farmer’s Table, 1901 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, holiday buffet and a la carte menu specials like almond milk brioche French toast and shrimp and lobster Shepherd’s pie
· Max’s Grille in Mizner Park, specials including Not Your Mamma’s grilled cheese and tomato soup and Alaskan halibut
· Tanzy’s in Mizner Park, Mother’s Day brunch with ‘momosas’ and complimentary flowers, $48 per person, $12 children 12 and younger
· Louie Bossi’s Ristorante, Bar & Pizzeria, 100 E. Palmetto Park Road, Mother’s Day brunch specials including eggs al forna on roasted pancetta or sourdough waffles with berries
· Morton’s the Steakhouse, Shops at Boca Center, 5050 Town Center Circle, Mother’s Day steak and lobster special $59
· NYY Steak at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, Mother’s Day brunch with live entertainment, eight food stations, $85 per person; Sorrisi limited Mother’s Day menu with specials including diver scallops with strawberry bruschetta
· City Oyster & Sushi Bar, 213 E. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach, Mother’s Day specials including black Angus prime rib and sea bass with shrimp and crawfish
· III Forks, 4645 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens, Moms ‘N Roses brunch including filet mignon, shrimp and grits and lobster tail Benedict among dishes, $45 person, $18 offerings for children 12 and younger