Scared but prepared: Boca breathed a collective sigh of relief after Dorian was downgraded and tracked north early Tuesday.
Here’s the latest reopening news:
City of Boca Raton:
· City parks, beaches and facilities including City Hall remained closed Tuesday. Anticipated that city facilities will reopen Wednesday.
· Citizen Information hotline with limited hours 561-982-4900
Palm Beach County:
· Mandatory evacuation orders were lifted at 4 p.m. Tuesday. That meant Boca residents who live east of the Intracoastal bridges can return.
· County offices will be closed Wednesday and resume normal operations Thursday, Sept. 5.
· Palm Tran will resume full service starting at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4.
· Palm Beach County reopened all county-operated parks and boat ramps effective 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4. Parks with beaches will be unguarded. County offices and recreational facilities will remain closed until Thursday, Sept 5.
· Boca Raton city residents: Regular sanitation service will resume Thursday and Friday
· Palm Beach County residents: All Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County facilities will open for normal operation Wednesday, Sept 4. Garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulk waste collection can resume on regularly scheduled days. Residents should place all garbage, recyclables and yard waste curbside by 6 a.m.
· Palm Beach International as of 3 p.m. Tuesday “We anticipate operations to resume early tomorrow, though we don’t have a confirmed time. Stay in touch with your airline.” https://twitter.com/PBI_Airport
· Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport reopened at noon Tuesday but advised travelers to call their airline.
· Boca Raton Airport is open but unstaffed until 7 a.m. Wednesday Sept. 4. All customs clearing fees are suspended until Sept. 18 due to Bahama impact. U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility resumed normal operating hours 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and available for call outs on request.
· Publix Supermarkets: All eight Boca Raton locations will reopen 7 a.m. Wednesday
· Town Center at Boca Raton mall reopened 1 p.m. Tuesday
· Mizner Park retail stores are open Wednesday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
· Rapoport’s restaurants will reopen Wednesday Sept 4. Deck 84 and Prezzo, both noon: Burt & Max’s 3 p.m. Max’s Grille 4 p.m. Each location will offer happy hour drink specials from opening to closing Wednesday.
· Palm Beach County public schools Superintendent Dr. Donald Fennoy has extended the closure of district offices and schools through Wednesday.
· Pine Crest (Preparatory) School’s Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale campuses will reopen Wednesday, Sept. 4. Classes and extended day care will take place as scheduled.
· Saint Andrew’s School will reopen Wednesday, Sept. 4. All before- and after-school activities will run as planned. On Wednesday, the Upper School will run a Monday schedule. Middle and Lower School divisions will run regular Wednesday schedules. All Honor Pinning ceremonies have been postponed.
· Florida Atlantic University campuses will reopen and classes will resume Thursday, Sept. 5. Students should check FAU email for status of housing in Boca Raton. FAU hotline 1-888-8FAUOWL (832-8695)
· Palm Beach State College: Campuses will remain closed Wednesday Sept. 4. Go to www.palmbeachstate.edu for updates.
· For Lynn University classes and activities, go to http://alert.lynn.edu/
Museum & nature center:
· Boca Raton Museum of Art will reopen at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 5. Free admission for the coming days. All scheduled programming will resume, including Carol Prusa lecture at 6 p.m. Thursday Sept. 5.
· Gumbo Limbo Nature Center expects to reopen at noon Wednesday Sept. 4. Injured and recovering sea turtles were relocated during storm forecasts but are expected to be back at the sea turtle rehab by then.